After E. T. A. Hoffmann and his wife Micha(e)lina ("Mischa") had initially lived with the dyer Kaspar Schneider at Zinkenwörth No. 56 (today: Nonnenbrücke 10) from autumn 1808, he moved "around the corner" to the house at Zinkenwörth No. 50 (today: Schillerplatz 26) in spring 1809. In 1923, the attic - the so-called Poetenstübchen - of this building was made accessible to the general public. Four years later, Hoffmann's former living room on the floor below was added. In 1930, the entire two upper floors were refurnished as the E. T. A. Hoffmann Museum. After the Second World War, the museum gradually expanded to cover the entire house. It is the only memorial dedicated to the multi-talented E. T. A. Hoffmann. For a long time, it was run on a voluntary basis by the E. T. A. Hoffmann-Gesellschaft e. V.. On 1 January 2020, the City of Bamberg took over the maintenance of the E. T. A. Hoffmann Haus.
AtzenbruggBad Homburg vor der HöheBambergBayreuthBonnDresdenDüsseldorfEisenachFrankfurt (Oder)Frankfurt am MainGreifswaldHamburgHanauJenaJoditzKasselKoblenzKunersdorf im OderbruchLauffen am NeckarLeipzigLeonbergLucerneMarburgNeckarsteinachOberwiederstedtPirnaRammenauRheingauSchlüchternSteinauTübingenViennaWangenWeinsbergWeißenfelsWiepersdorfWolgastWunsiedelZwickau