The Wiepersdorf estate, located in the "Ländchen Bärwalde", was one of the possessions of the von Arnim family. The baroque manor house, built around 1735, which was later called the castle, was the center of the estate. Achim von Arnim lived there from 1814 with his wife Bettine née Brentano, who moved back to Berlin later.
On the first anniversary of German unification, Clara von Arnim, widow of the last private owner, founded the Freundeskreis Schloss Wiepersdorf (Association of Friends of Schloss Wiepersdorf). In 1992, Hartwig Schultz, chairman of the Freundeskreis Schloss Wiepersdorf and head of the Brentano Department of the Freies Deutsches Hochstift - in collaboration with Jürgen Stich and the support of the Freies Deutsches Hochstift in Frankfurt am Main - set up a Bettina and Achim von Arnim Museum in the castle. Today, the estate belongs to the state of Brandenburg, which established the Schloss Wiepersdorf Kulturstiftung under public law in 2019. Currently, the museum premises are being remodeled.